Aquifer Slug Test Analysis
Software for Microsoft Windows
Download Animated Demonstration and Training Movies
Now with Spreadsheet-Style Data Entry
for Time and Drawdown!
This program represents a breakthrough in computer analysis
of real-world slug test data. No other program can match its reliability and ease-of-use.
This program will save you hours in analysis time. It is a must for large projects.
Slug Test Analysis Methods
- Cooper, Bredehoeft, Papadopulos On-Screen Type Curve Matching
- Bouwer and Rice Graphical Analysis
- Bouwer and Rice Automatic Parameter Estimation with Sensitivity
- Hvorslev Graphical Solution
- Hvorslev Automatic Parameter Estimation
- Ferris and Knowles Automatic Parameter Estimation
Super Slug Features
- Automatic determination of head ratio
- Import data from time and drawdown data logger files without
- Automatically adjustment of data so that maximum head change
occurs at time = 0, with manual override
- Specifically designed to work on actual field data without
user editing, and extensively tested on numerous real-world data sets
- Five types of data graphs
- Extensive ability to exclude unwanted data points from
- Accept and graph data from slug tests where the water level
oscillates beyond the original level
- Drag-and-drop type curve matching for Cooper method
- Simplification of Auto-Solve methods
- Bouwer and Rice Auto-Solve method calculates flow rate into
the well (based on Herman Bouwer's 1989 article in Ground Water
Super Slug Example Screens
Click on an image to view full size
Super Slug provides a drag-and-drop implementation of the Cooper,
Bredehoeft, Papadopulos type curve method. This is the only slug test analysis
method that will provide an estimate of aquifer storativity. (18490 bytes)
All aquifer testing programs support full printing and print preview
with customizable options. Here is the Hvorslev graph in print preview mode. (17778
Bouwer and Rice graph showing full lines for the vertical scale.
All calculation results are displayed in moveable, customizable text boxes.
Just click and drag to reposition them. (14960 bytes)
Here is a Bouwer and Rice graph showing exclusion of data points at
the beginning and end of the test to allow a better fit of the line to the data.
Super Slug provides extensive flexibility for fitting the line to data. The buttons
on the bottom left and right corners of the screen exclude or include data from the
analysis. (18093 bytes)
Here is another example of the Hvorslev analysis. Super Slug's
Hvorslev method also supports partial penetration. (17813 bytes)
Super Slug will graph and analyze oscillating water level data, as in
this example. (14076 bytes)